The Charles Madson House at 1419 South Sheridan is another Tacoma residence on the Tacoma Register of Historic Places. The house was constructed in 1909 – 1910 in the Hilltop neighborhood. It was constructed for Charles Madson who was a chief for the City Restaurant. He lived in the house until 1928. The nomination form states “The (home’s) owners also reflect the ethnic diversity and cultural changes of the Hilltop”. It goes on to say that the design of the house is influenced by both the Arts and Crafts and Queen Anne movements.