Amazon.com went online selling books in 2005, a brief 10 years ago. This past Tuesday, November 3, 2015, they opened their first bricks and mortar bookstore. It has several unique features.
- All of the books face cover out.
- Each book has a little card in front of it that says a little something about it’s Amazon reviews.
- The prices fluctuate as they do online. To find out the price, the customer uses the Amazon app to scan the book’s barcode.
- The store also sells other Amazon technology which customers can use.
- The record of the sale has appeared on my amazon account.
- And there was a line to get in!
There is currently only this one Amazon Books location in University Village in Seattle.
While I was there I strolled around the entire shopping area, which was very busy! Aooarently dogs of all size and shapes are allowed in all of the stores, but not restaurants or the grocery store. I snapped a couple of shots of the outside art.